Saturday, January 16, 2010

How can you love someone so much?


I am blessed, I really am. I am a stay at home mom of 4 kids. Yes, its a crazy house. Yes, I complain and raise my voice, but its what I am supposed to do in life. I can't see myself anywhere but here. I love my kids, I love my husband. I am truly happy. Ok, so that sounds like a Hallmark movie, lol, but its true. I have always wanted a big family, and I have it. I want it bigger. I want to have more kids. I want to continue doing what I feel called to do. I love being a mom!

As I watch our baby grow (she is 5 months old now), staring into her eyes, I wonder what she is thinking. I am her world, and she is mine! Who knew that just saying "Hi!" gently with a smile can light up her world? Who knew that I would one day appreciate being thrown up on, or pooped on? Some see diaper changes and midnight feedings as a chore and a hassle, but I love it. I love being a mom!

I am sitting here in the livingroom with my laptop on my lap, baby next to me in the exersaucer, and I pause to just look at her. How can you love someone so much? Do you think that she is annoyed with the countless kisses I give to her belly and toes? What about all the "I love you so muches"? Does she get sick of it? As I type this now one handed, I stop to nuzzle her neck, and she smiles. I love her. I love her with all her drooly, stinky, poopie goodness. I love that when I am having a "bad hair day" or a "I am so fat" day, that she doesn't care. She just sinks right into my lap and holds me close, loving me anyways. How can you love someone so much? I don't know, but I do, and it feels awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment