Monday, August 17, 2009

Wow its's been awhile...our baby is here!!


So it's been awhile that I've posted on this blog. I thought that I would update to let you know that our baby girl is here!! We didn't end up naming her Brooklyn either!

Emmaleigh Claire arrived on August 7th, 2009 at 9:55 am via c-section at Edward hospital in Naperville, IL. She was 8 lbs 10 oz and 19 3/4" long. She came out screaming and sucking her hands. I think that she looks like a mix of both boys, but with dark hair. When she makes certain faces, she totally looks like Nick, and she has the same nose as Andrew.

I am enjoying being a mommy of a baby again. It's been awhile since I've had a little one in the house, it's so refreshing! She's such a good baby. All she does is eat and sleep. Oh, and poop!
I think the kids are enjoying her as well, but they don't say too much. Andrew loves to kiss her and rub her, and hold her hands. Nick doesn't really acknowledge her too much. I am sure that Skyler loves having another girl in the house too.
I am having fun picking out her little pj's every day. We are also using cloth diapers (part time right now because most of the ones I have are too big for her!) so its fun picking out those little diapers for her to wear too. Breastfeeding is going well. Right now she is having a growth spurt and is wanting to eat more often. She was jaundiced when she was born, and also lost weight and was down as low as 7 lbs 12 oz, so I really want her to eat as much as she wants to.

She had her 1st bath last night! At first she cried and was startled, but the warm water soothed her and she just sucked on her hand while I washed her. She's too cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment