Monday, January 18, 2010

Tell them you love them!

So last night as Tim and I lay in bed for the night, I asked him if he read my previous blog entry and he said he had. I said "Well, that's how I feel. I love my family". And he said "Even when you raise your voice at them?" and of course I do. I raise my voice to discipline them because talking cutesy doesn't work. I have a 10 year old who disrespects me on an almost daily basis, so I feel that I have to step in and play drill seargent!
Today when I woke up, I went around to each kid and gave them a kiss and told them that I love them. They looked at me and said "What is that for?" and I said "because I wanted to show you that eventhough I yell at you sometimes, it doesn't mean that I don't love you." and then I said "I love you, you know that don't you?" and they each said "yes".
As I watch the news during the day, or even by looking on Yahoo at the latest on Haiti, it reminds me that I need to do this everyday. I need to just stop and tell them I love them. You never know when something may happen, so you can never tell someone enough how much you love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment